Why do I need to wear gloves when cycling? Because gloves can not only reduce the risk of slippery hands due to sweat, the thick pad part of the gloves can absorb the impact of vibration during riding and reduce hand numbness. In addition, gloves can also be used to wipe sweat, and even provide protection in the event of a car crash. Female bikers who are afraid of tanning can also protect themselves from the sun and keep out the cold in winter. Having said so much, in fact, the functions emphasized by different gloves are not necessarily the same, and the mystery has a lot to do with the material of the gloves. Purchasing a pair of good gloves can not only improve riding comfort, but also add points to the overall sense of clothing.
1. The specific function of the glove
In order to avoid the sultry heat of wearing gloves, the surface material adopts mesh cloth, lycra cloth and three-layer cloth commonly known as sandwich mesh and functional composite cloth composed of three-layer cloth. Among them, lycra cloth has good elasticity and is most widely used. The functional composite cloth is composed of the outermost mesh cloth, the middle layer of waterproof and breathable membrane and the inner layer of bristle cloth. It is water-repellent and cold-proof. It is often used in severe cold areas in the north.
2. Wipe sweat
The towel cloth material is mainly used to wipe off the sweat that affects the line of sight instead of wiping the entire face in a large area. Therefore, the towel cloth is generally designed at the thumb to facilitate the wiping of the rider.
3. Shock absorption
The shock-absorbing effect of the glove inner lining is foam, EVA, memory foam, and shock-absorbing gel (Gel) in order. Professional bicycle gloves are commonly used as memory foam and shock-absorbing gel. Simple identification can be made at the time of purchase: press the pad The ones with poor elasticity are foams, the ones that can bounce slowly are memory foams, and the ones that are elastic and slippery are shock-absorbing gels. Because memory foam presents a ring-grip shape, it can better hold bicycle handlebars. Compared with shock-absorbing gel, the shock-absorbing performance is slightly worse, but it is suitable for riding road bikes or recreational vehicle gloves on flat terrain. Off-road vehicles and extreme sports vehicles are more suitable to use shock-absorbing rubber to prevent shocks and provide support and protection when slipping.
The material attached to the main body is mostly used in the protruding part of the hand. Comply with environmental protection. There is also silicone with better anti-slip effect. Silicone is difficult to process and has a high production cost. It is mostly used in advanced gloves and special-purpose gloves.
It is mostly made of microfiber leather, which has strong abrasion resistance and a moderate fit of the hand, which is the largest part of the palm of the hand.
2. Wear and maintenance of cycling gloves
1. Because bicycle gloves are more suitable for the hands, in order to facilitate putting on and taking off, some gloves will be stitched with a rough non-slip sheet at the bottom of the palm, which is convenient to pull down when put on. When you take it off, you can use the easy-release strap between your fingers to easily remove it; if there is no easy-release strap, it is recommended to pull the palm of the hand instead of the back of the hand fabric. Because the fabric of the palm is more resistant, you can keep the gloves. Will not deform.
2. Washing well makes the gloves more durable. How do I wash the gloves? The answer is that it is best to wash by hand, as long as it is soaked in soapy water, rubbed and washed, and dried in a cool place. Do not use hot water, bleach and other strong acids or alkalis to clean, and do not expose it to the sun, because it is easy to damage the texture of the material, and there will be pilling, loose cloth and deformed gloves.
3. If you are too lazy to wash by hand, remember to fit the magic stick together to prevent the magic sticking to the fabric and pilling the fabric. It is best to put it in a laundry bag before washing with a washing machine to reduce the possibility of deformation of the gloves.